Ted Grant grew to become a heavyweight boxing champion. After being framed for murder in the boxing ring by mafioso Victor Moretti, Ted became a fugitive from justice. Inspired by Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Ted donned a black-cat costume and became Wildcat; using his new persona and skills to pound a confession from Moretti and clear his name.
Keeping his persona, Grant began patrolling the streets of New York City and ridding them of mob-related crime; joining the Justice Society of America he opened his own gym and trained some of the world's greatest fighters; including Batman, Black Canary and Catwoman.
- Wildcat has been caught by Doctor Sivana and must be freed in the Saving Justice alert.
- Wildcat is an ally in the Justice For All raid.
- Controlled Wildcat is one of the possible bosses for the Starro: Invasion! alert in the Deluge episode.
- Wildcat is found in the JSA Safehouse guarding secret information about Sinestro's location. After defeating him, Society members must discover Sinestro's holding place and pursue the JSA to free him.
- A Green Lantern Corps version of Wildcat called Unyielding Wildcat is a bounty for villains in the War of the Light Part I DLC.
- Wildcat first appeared in Sensation Comics #1 (January 1942)
- His voice was provided by voice actor Clancy Brown.
- Years later, during the Crisis, Grant is crippled while saving a child. His god-daughter, news reporter Yolanda Montez, who was born with metahuman powers, assumes his identity to honor her godfather and the principles he represented. Grant is at first annoyed with this new super-heroine, but when he discovers she is his god-daughter, he gives Yolanda his blessing. Grant eventually makes a full recovery.