A Team Role, or Combat Role, is a "battle mode" that boosts specific combat attributes for your character and group.
A player may change their current Role when out of combat, by pressing the "T" key. On the PS4 or Xbox One this can be achieved by pressing "UP" on the D-Pad and selecting change role.
Certain pieces of equipment require the Player to have a certain Role available for them to be equipped. That does not need to be their current role - for example, an Ice player, who could change to the tank role, could wear an item requiring tank role even when they are in damage role.
- Tank: This role generally focuses on keeping the group safe by attracting opponents and taking damage in place of other group members.
- Healer: This role generally focuses on keeping the team alive by restoring health and reducing incoming damage to group members.
- Controller: This role generally focuses on group support including power regeneration, team buffs, opponent debuffs and incapacitating enemies.
- Damage: This role generally focuses on dealing damage to enemies and completing objectives.
- All Power Sets have the Damage Role available.
- Changing roles, or attempting to do so, will turn off your Movement Modes although you can immediately reactive it.
- Each role has a color which symbolizes it. Certain game mechanics use this color scheme. Blue: controller, green: healer, yellow: tank and red: damage.