T.O. Morrow is a criminal mastermind and a scientific genius. Using his technological powers and his immense inventing abilities, T.O. Morrow created a special "television set" that would allow him to see into the future. With this invention he would examine many futuristic instruments and then replicate them for use in his present time.
The majority of his inventions were used to commit various types of crimes. Eventually becoming bored with how easy it was to commit crime, he began challenging superheroes like the Flash (Jay Garrick) and Green Lantern (Alan Scott).
Shortly after T.O. Morrow created the Red Tornado to infiltrate the Justice Society of America so that Morrow would be able to rob the 20th Century Museum. However his creation outgrew its programming and rebelled against its creator, foiling his crime.
- It is revealed by the Riddler that T.O. Morrow was the one responsible for designing the new Joker Venom that the Joker was using on Gotham City. He was also responsible for the "Red Tornado-like" robots called J1N1s that were appearing within the ranks of Joker's Streetgang.
- During the Oolong Island alert, T.O. Morrow will ask for assistance in controlling the rampaging android failures plaguing the island. His true purpose is to allow enough time to activate his latest creation, Tornado Tyrant.
- T.O. Morrow first appeared in The Flash #19 (December 1988).
- T.O. Morrow is credited with creating the world's first artificial souls.
- During the formation of the Watchtower Justice League of America, T.O. Morrow and Professor Ivo teamed together to create a highly advanced android built to be a Trojan Horse inside the League. Named the Tomorrow Woman, the android managed to gain membership into the league but they gave her too much free will and she self-sacrificed herself to save the others. Recognized as a hero despite her origins, she was given a hero's funeral and possesses a marked grave in Valhalla Cemetery and immortalized as a statue in the Garden of Heroes. She is later reborn as a human being named Clara Kendall.
- T.O. Morrow and Professor Ivo share a small rivalry in regards to their works in robotics. While Morrow excels in Artificial Intelligence, focusing on the development of personality and free will, Ivo excels in body mechanics and the ability to pass his creations off as biological life forms.