The Science Police is a special branch of the Metropolis Police Department tasked with resolving criminal matters that were otherwise considered too extreme for the average police officer to handle.
Following the Infinite Crisis, the Federal Government christened a new branch of law enforcement dedicated to dealing with high-tech threats to citizens. Midway City and Metropolis were two of the first cities to receive branches of this new agency, replacing the local Special Crime Unit with the new branch known as the Science Police.
Like its preceding department, the Science Police work alongside Superman in incarcerating superpowered criminals and organizations such as Intergang. Much of their specialized equipment is designed and provided by the city's branch of S.T.A.R. Labs.
- Science Police plays a large part as either allies (heroes) or enemies (villains) in The Demon Inside story arc.
- In his bid to enter Earth's realm, Trigon is attempting to corrupt his daughter; Raven, so that she may manifest as a portal for him to enter through. Zatanna recruits some New Heroes to enter the Science Police Headquarters and break Trigon's hold on Raven; preventing his attempt at materializing on Earth.
- In his bid to enter Earth's realm, Trigon is attempting to corrupt his daughter; Raven, so that she may manifest as a portal for him to enter through. Brother Blood masses Trigon's armies around the Science Police Headquarters and recruits some New Villains to ward off Raven's friends, the Titans, and assist Trigon in beating down her will to further her corruption.
- Science Police first appeared in Adventure Comics #303 (December, 1962), as a law enforcement agency in the 30th century.
- In the 30th century, the Science Police is the official policing agency for Earth Gov (the dominant governing force for Earth). Within its branches is the "Esper Division"; a division that contains various empaths that use their abilities to locate law offenders across the planet.
- An enforcement group called the "Science Police" was active on Krypton before it exploded.
- In the DC Universe comics universe, Captain Maggie Sawyer transferred from the Metropolis Police Department to work at the Gotham City Police Department. However, in DC Universe Online, Maggie Sawyer transfered instead to the Science Police.
- Science Police DC Database