Parallax is the Embodiment of Fear in the Emotional Spectrum, birthed at the dawn of time when the Life Entity entered into the universe and sheltered itself on the planet Earth.
Parallax was created when a prehistoric creature (resembling a common fly), fled in fear for its survival and, being the first living creature to feel fear, was transformed into the creature known as Parallax. Appearing as a demonic parasite cosmic entity, Parallax traveled from world to world and caused entire civilizations to destroy themselves out of paranoia. The Guardians of the Universe later imprisoned Parallax within the Central Power Battery on Oa where Parallax lay dormant for billions of years, his presence in the Power Battery manifesting itself as a weakness for all Green Lanterns against the color yellow.
Choosing Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) as his host to escape the Power Battery, Parallax influenced Jordan and, following his despair after the destruction of Coast City, took full possession of the Lantern and set about destroying the Green Lantern Corps and killing the Guardians of the Universe.
Following Hal Jordan's sacrifice to save the Earth, Parallax was trapped with Jordan until his resurrection whereby the entity once again attempted to take possession of the Lantern only to be captured by the Green Lantern Corps and re-imprisoned in the Central Power Battery.
- Parallax is the final boss of the STAR Labs Alert, Parallax possesses Arkillo, Sinestro, Kilowog, and Hal Jordan one at a time, each changing when possessed, their faces darken, mouths stretch out, and the symbol of parallax in their mouths.
- In War of the Light Part II players will have to transport the Spark of Parallax to the Sinestro Corps' central power battery.
- In War of the Light Part II players must purify the rage energy from the Sinestro Corps Central Power Battery that was inserted by the Red Lantern Corps in the Rage Impurity operation.
- Parallax first appeared in Green Lantern vol. 3, #50 (March 1994)
- Parallax is shown to be the second Embodiment of Emotion that was formed due to the Life Entity's influence.
- The Spectre has admitted that he is afraid of Parallax and his kind.