The Helm of Nabu, or the Helmet of Fate, is a mystical helmet of immense arcane power that is entrusted to the one chosen to be "Doctor Fate" by the Lord of Order Nabu.
As a mystical being whose soul was housed within the helmet, Nabu can communicate with "Doctor Fate" through the helm and bestow upon the Doctor his vast mystical power and wisdom. If he so wished it, Nabu could also possess the wearer; however, the wizard's abilities were later restricted to simply advising the wearer, unable to possess them.
- The Helm of Nabu is an artefact that will randomly appear in the last boss arena of the Nexus of Reality raid. The artefact will cause random pools to appear on the floor from time to time that have random effects.
- The Helm of Nabu first appeared in More Fun Comics #55 (May 1940).
- According to Black Alice, the helm is "the most powerful magical artifact the world has ever known".
- The helm is one of three powerful artifacts that Doctor Fate frequently utilizes; the other two are the Amulet of Anubis and the Cloak of Destiny. Together they are known as the "Artifacts of Fate".
- While not fully sentient, the helmet is aware of the world around it in some fashion, and can respond to the mind of its holder. The helmet can put up a certain amount of resistance to those it doesn't want wearing it, making it a struggle for them to try and use its power.
- The helmet has several protective enchantments on it. On several occasions, it was stolen by villains seeking the power of Doctor Fate; usually, the end result was that the wearer went insane when they tried to put on the helm.