The primordial manifestation of God's wrath who claims to have been responsible for unleashing the Great Flood of Biblical fame. Eclipso was superseded by the Spectre and his physical essence became trapped in a black diamond known as the Heart of Darkness, while his mental essence lived on the dark side of the moon.
In 1891, a jeweler split the diamond into a thousand fragments, allowing Eclipso to act out the revenge fantasies of all those who possessed one of the black shards. Appearing as a spectral wraith or taking pysical possession of its host bodies, Eclipso worked to gather together the diamond fragments over the next century, for if he destroyed them all, his restored powers would allow him to blot out the sun.
Astronomer and doctor Bruce Gordon became a modern host for Eclipso and struggled to control his dark side even as Eclipso battled the Justice League of America.
In the alternate timeline where, thanks to the efforts of Lex Luthor, Brainiac is in the process of subjugating the planet, Eclipso, the Trickster, Weather Wizard and Clayface are employed by Luthor to attack the small group of collective heroes and villains he had gathered to fight against Brainiac in a scheme to gain their trust by arriving to thwart the villains’ attack.
After the scheme is successful and the collective departs, Luthor frees and vaporizes the four villains.
- New players can select a pre-made character template inspired by Eclipso.
- Eclipso is an enemy in the 4-player War Crimes operation.
- Eclipso is one of the four possible bounties in the War-Torn Village during the Bounty: Invasion Force mission of the Age of Justice episode.
- Eclipso has taken control of the Spectre, driving him mad and creating Reapers to dispense judgment on the citizens of Metropolis. Teaming with Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Green Arrow, you must enter the Metroplis Courthouse and calm the Spectre's rage.
- The liberation of Eclipso is a top priority of Circe and the Cult of Trigon. Felix Faust will commission new villains to thwart the Sentinels of Magic's efforts to contain him at the Metropolis safe house in Midtown.
Item Drops Edit
- Eclipso first appeared in House of Secrets #61 (August 1963)
- Eclipso is voiced by E. Jason Liebrecht.
- Individuals who are under the possession of Eclipso or are being used as his host are referred to as "Eclipsed" (eg. "Eclipsed Superman", "Eclipsed Jean-Loring", etc).
See Also Edit
- Eclipso DC Database