Dawnbreaker is a Multiversal version of Bruce Wayne from Earth -32 of the Dark Multiverse.
In the Earth -32, on the evening when young Bruce and his parents were walking down an alleyway, they were set upon by a mugger named Joe Chill. During the confrontation Bruce's parents were shot and killed by Chill who subsequently fled the scene. At that moment Bruce was left as a void, as all emotions left him including fear. A nearby Green Lantern Ring eventually found Wayne and inducted him into the Green Lantern Corps. Bruce didn't think anything of the ring, all he recognized was a tool which could be used to kill his parent's murderer.
He was able to quickly find Chill, however when he tried to kill the man the ring refused as it was against Corps mandate to kill a living being. Bruce did not care for the Corps and filled the ring with the void in his soul, overcharging the ring with his corrupt willpower. Eventually the ring became corrupted by Bruce's tainted soul and allowed Bruce to kill Chill. After killing Chill, Bruce went back to his parents' corpses and tried to use the ring to resurrect them, however this didn't work as it was beyond its power and could only temporarily revive them as undead people. Bruce would then go on to become the protector of Gotham City, who executed criminals without mercy.
Although the police of the city initially worked with Bruce, Commissioner Jim Gordon eventually pleaded with him to stop killing criminals. Bruce believed that no one should stand in the way of his mission to rid the universe of evil, and so executed Gordon while constructing a Green Lantern Power Battery. Shortly after his murder of Gordon, the Green Lantern Corps arrived to apprehend the rogue Lantern. However, because of Bruce's overcharged ring and his connection to the darkness, he was able to defeat and execute the entire Corps and the Guardians of Universe.
Tired of being a Lantern, Bruce decided to evolve into something greater. Stemming off of his greatest fear, bats, Bruce supercharged himself with a mixture of darkness and green energy while immediately growing into an adult as he stepped inside the power battery. With this power, Bruce took on a new oath and became The Dawnbreaker.
- Dawnbreaker is a boss in the first stage of Metal Pt. II: Damage Control 4 player operation.
- He is one of the Dark Knights in the final fight of the Metal Pt. II: Into the Dark Multiverse raid.
- Damaged Lantern Costume Set
- Blackout Uplink Device
- Dark Construct Bat
- Emblem of the Dawnbreaker
- Enhanced Emblem of the Dawnbreaker
- Each member of the Dark Knights represents one of Batman's worst fears and regrets. Dawnbreaker represents Batman's fear of how dangerous he would be with superpowers, but lacking his adult discipline. He also represents his inner despair taken to its extreme, and his regret over his inability to move past his parents' deaths.