Darkseid (pronounced "Darkside") is an iconic DC Comics villain, created and written by legendary comic book artist Jack Kirby. He's a part of the "New Gods" comic book series back in the 70's and one of Superman's toughest foes.
Darkseid, malice personified, a merciless tyrant who demanded unwavering devotion and abject fear from all his subjects. A being of unparalleled strength, Darkseid nevertheless preferred not to sully his gloves with combat unless provoked to action. His eyes emitted the formidable Omega beams that could disintegrate, teleport, or resurrect depending on the dread lord's wishes. His sole mission in life was to find and gain control over the Anti-Life Equation which would give him the means to usurp all free will in the sentient universe.
- Darkseid had his debut in DC Universe Online in Episode 24.
- Darkseid appears as a silhouette at the end of the Fatal Exams Alert.
- Darkseid is the final boss in the Darkseid's War Factory instance.
- Darkseid's voice can be heard in the 2 player duo The Will of Darkseid.
- Creative Director Jens Andersen announced during the SOE LIVE event in 2013, that there will be a "DLC in the near future" featuring Darkseid.
- Darkseid first appeared in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134 (November 1970).
- Darkseid traded his son Orion for Mister Miracle in a peace effort between New Genesis and Apokolips.
- Some people say Darkseid doesn't fly, but hover, since he's rarely seen in a flying pose.
- Darkseid is interested in humanity because humans were one of the few species that possessed the Anti-Life Equation in their collective consciousness. He is especially interested in finding the few rare humans who possessed the entire Equation in their minds.