The Dark Robins are a group of feral, cannibalistic, Jokerized children from Earth -22.
Enslaved by The Batman Who Laughs, the Robins are usually kept on chain-link leashes ready to be unleashed at a moment's notice by their master.
On Earth -22, in an effort to drive Batman insane, the Joker temporarily paralyzed the hero and forced him to watch as he recreated the Wayne murders on a long line of captured children and their parents - shooting each of the children's parents and then infecting the orphans with an incurable strain of Joker Toxin.
After Batman had broken free and killed the Joker, he collected all of the infected children and had them kept together in an effort to find a cure. However, because Batman had been exposed to a toxin released upon the Joker's death, he slowly started to become the new Joker himself and soon re-purposed the Jokerized children as his new pets - dressing them up in Robin costumes and training them to listen to his commands.
- Dark Robin may appear as a temporary ally while doing daily missions in Metal Gotham City and the Metal Pt. I: Scarlet Speedster operation.
- Dark Robins spawn all over the Overgrown Gotham stage of the Metal Pt. I: Monsters of Metal 8-player operation.
- Dark Robins appear in Metal Pt. II: Batscape as hallucinations attacking Batman and the players.
- Dark Robins spawns during the card game stage of Metal Pt. II: Into the Dark Multiverse.
- The Dark Robins first appeared in Dark Nights: Metal #1 (October, 2017)
- The only thing the Robins say is "Crow", to which, when Batman Who Laughs wants them to halt, he'll respond with the phrase "Bar". This is a reference to the weapon the Joker used to kill Jason Todd — a crowbar.
- Amongst the Dark Robins is the Earth -22 version of Damian Wayne, who opted to join his father in insanity instead of being slaughtered by him like the rest of the Bat Family.
- Damian Wayne (Earth -22) DC Database