Armed with a sophisticated cold gun, ruthless jewel thief Leonard Snart also known as Captain Cold, has been a constant opponent of the Flash since his earliest days. The self-appointed calculating leader of the Rogues, a loose band of criminals united in their hatred of the Scarlet Speedster, Captain Cold has consistently pitted his “absolute zero” against the Flash’s super-speed.
Seeing himself as a blue-collar, working man’s Super-Villain, Cold has a code of honor, one that prevents him from killing innocent people. Though he’s more than happy to rob them blind.
Leonard Snart was raised by an abusive father and took refuge with his grandfather, who worked in an ice truck. When his grandfather died, Snart grew tired of his father's abuse and set out to start a criminal career. Snart joined up with a group of small-time thieves and in planning out a robbery, each was issued a gun and a visor to protect their eyes against the flashes of gunfire. This visor design would later be adapted by Snart into his trademark costume. In recent years he has added a radio receiver to them which picks up the police band to monitor local law enforcement. Snart and the other thugs were captured by the Flash and imprisoned. Snart decided to go solo, but knew he had to do something about the local hero, the Flash.
Snart read an article that theorized that the energy emissions of a cyclotron could interfere with the Flash's speed. He designed a weapon to harness that power and broke into a cyclotron lab, intending to use the device to charge up his experimental gun. As he was finishing his experiment, a security guard surprised Snart. Intending to use his gun only to scare the guard, he inadvertently pulled the trigger and discovered that his weapon had been altered in a way he had never imagined. The moisture in the air around the guard froze. Intrigued by this twist of fate, Snart donned a parka and the aforementioned visor and declared himself to be Captain Cold - the man who mastered absolute zero.
In the alternate timeline where the conflict between heroes and villains has escalated to war, Captain Cold witnesses Lex Luthor kill Superman with a kryptonite spear. Aware that, with the oncoming of Brainiac, Superman was their best hope for defeating the conqueror, Captain Cold attempts to put Superman in a cryonic freeze to revive him later, however Luthor stops him and vaporizes Captain Cold for trying.
- Captain Cold (Bounty)
- Rogues Unite
- Captain Cold, along with Heat Wave, Weather Wizard and Mirror Master, is part of the second boss fight in Stryker's Island Penitentiary Alert.
- Captain Cold can be found walking in Midtown, Metropolis.
- Captain Cold is one of the possible Mental Phantasms Gorilla Grodd spawns in Mental Manifestations.
- Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Trickster and Weather Wizard appear as allies in the Stemming the Tide challenge of the Deluge episode.
- He is an enemy in the FP: Flashtastic Voyage raid.
- Captain Cold is a bounty.
- Captain Cold is a random speed force traveler during the Family Reunion operation.
- Captain Cold is the final boss for heroes in the Flash Museum Burglary.
- Captain Cold can be found in the Power Core of the Hall of Doom offering missions to higher level villains.
- Captain Cold must be freed for the final fight in The Demon's Plan.
Captain Cold is level 30 and exceedingly dangerous. While his attacks are relatively avoidable, they deal highly punishing damage. His regular attack is firing three ice boulders in rapid succession. He may launch them at an angle, and make them explode into dozens of icicles upon landing, and encase players in ice. However, his most deadly attack is a medium-ranged continuous shot of his freeze gun that hits over 400 very rapidly.
Captain Cold seems to be less dangerous here, with his continuous shot dealing less than 100 damage each hit, but he does have the encase attack upgraded considerably, being able to hold the player for very lengthy periods of time. He usually encases two players, temporarily forcing only two to combat the Rogues. Players are unable to break out.
- Absolute Zero
- Captain Cold's Furred Hood
- Captain Cold Glasses
- Rogues Balloon - Captain Cold
- Rogues Banner - Captain Cold
- Captain Cold first appeared in Showcase #8 (May 1957)
- Captain Cold's voice was provided by voice actor Ryan Wickerham.
- Cold's favorite baseball team is the Houston Astros.
- Cold is driven by three things: money, women, and the desire to beat Barry Allen.
- Fellow ice-based villain Mister Freeze has noted that Cold is the only cold-themed villain to have mastered "absolute zero" with his weapons.
- While not really "attached" to anyone, Cold does seem to favor the company of an escort in Central City named "Angie" with whom he goes on weekly "dates" with to watch hockey or to otherwise pass the time with.
|Affiliates||Amanda Waller - Bane - Black Adam - Captain Boomerang (George Harkness) - Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer) - Captain Cold - Deadshot - Doctor Light - Duchess - Harley Quinn - Killer Frost - King Shark - Mirror Master - Oracle - Parasite - Penguin - Poison Ivy - Power Girl - Solomon Grundy - Speedy - Steel - Superboy - Vixen|
|Adversaries||Batman - Lois Lane|
|Other||Chemo - Vicki Vale|
|Bombshell Belle Reve's Poster|
|Apparel||Expert Marksman - Punchline|
|Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary|
|PvE||Suicide Squad Training|
|PvP||Belle Reve Sanitarium|
|Checkmate - United States of America - Justice League of America - Justice Society of America|