The Batmobile is a classification given to certain models of Batman's fleet of road vehicles. While Batman refers to the vehicle simple as "the Car", Richard Grayson started calling it "the Batmobile" and the name stuck.
With each car built and designed from scratch by Batman himself, the Batmobile is a custom, highly-modified road vehicle that far exceeds the capabilities of any vehicle of its kind in the open market.
A variable tank on wheels, each Batmobile is armoured, highly manueverable and possesses numerous non-lethal deterrents to be used in Batman's war on crime.
- The current-model Batmobile can be found parked in the Batcave PVP arena and the Undisclosed Location secret base.
- It can also be seen being destroyed by the Armored Robotic Custodian in the Batcave: Inner Sanctum raid.
- Players can acquire the batmobile as a base item for their Lairs and Hideouts by purchasing the Batcave Trophies & More Pack.
- The first Batmobile appeared in Detective Comics #27 (May, 1939), although the term "Batmobile" didn't appear until Detective Comics #48 (February 1941).
- Chuck Dee, the designer of the DC Universe Online Universe Batmobile, also designed the Batmobile for the game Batman: Arkham Asylum.